As a Holistic Healing Practitioner and Spiritual Life Coach, one of the biggest challenges me and my patients deal with is the issue of infections.
Modern medicine strongly argues against nature-based complementary and alternative approaches to healing and wellness. Even though we all see the failure of modern medicine every day, still it is difficult for us to digest the fact that we can maintain a medicine free body with strength to fight any bacteria, virus or fungi and remain healthy lifelong.
Though I am personally not against medicine, my long experience as a wellness practitioner has shown me that medicine has done more harm to mankind than good. It cures one challenge and creates many other. I totally disagree with the modern medicine assessment “that body needs medicine for its survival”! In the light of today’s growing medicine side-effects and drug resistance concerns, there are many reasons to get off pharmaceutical-based antibiotic treatments and to consider natural approaches as the solution.
The very word antibiotic means ‘against life!’ I would like to share with you my recent experience with a patient with whom we were able to treat a very difficult infection with some pro-life strategies and alternative wellness therapy.
Last month my new client Kanika called me from Canada for a strange stomach/diverticular appendicitis challenge which doctors and medicine are not able to cure despite Kanika had been undergoing treatment for a very long time. The complaint of Kania was that despite medication her abdominal pains continue to grow. She lost almost 8 kgs in 3 months and tried every possible method to get well but has failed miserably. Finally, she was placed on painkillers only as and when required with doctors having no clue what to do. Every time Kanika was administered a new line of antibiotic treatment her infection slowed, but by the end of eight to ten days, it would get bad again.
It was only when she fainted in her office one day and test revealed a very high leukocyte count, that she decided to go the alternative way of healing for her existing misery.
When she called me she was frantic, anxious, and sounded defeated. She wept over the phone and said she was “at her wit’s end,” no longer hopeful that she was ever going to recover and fearful of her continued deterioration. She spoke of the many possible outcomes (all bad) if her condition did not improve.
What a story! I went deeper and asked about her life and fears in general. I was curious to see what the state of her life was overall, mainly looking for any particular patterns from her past that could relate to her present health situation.
As it turns out, since her marriage three years ago she had been facing marital challenges, one with the change of country from India to Canada, and then with her spouse who was totally apathetic towards her emotional and physical state. Her constant stress for finances became premises for her current state.
In alternative medicine, we acknowledge that there are connections between our emotional health and our physical health. Modern scientific disciplines such as psycho-neuro-immunology share extensive insight but as a general rule, it is not considered significant enough to ask important questions. What surprised me that Kanika’s health counselor did not bother to ask about her emotional history concurrent with her health issues. It surprised her that I even asked.
Kanika’s pain medications were here biggest challenges. In the treatment program, she underwent for these, her repetitive strings of infections of unknown origins were not revealed or considered at all.
From the point of view of Alternative therapy, everything is important and significant. A severe physical and or emotional trauma that affects a person such as a sexual assault can literally shut the immune system down. At the very least it can compromise the immune system for a period of time. Many types of infectious virus and bacteria live peacefully within us and pose no threat to us until a depressed immune system creates an opportunistic environment and the weakened system is exploited. What follows can look like explosive growth of the harmful entity, like a virus, bacteria, fungus, cancer etc.
When I considered her infection I not only could see the external symptoms of the infection, but I could also see the environment in which they were propagating as if it was a vulnerable field being overgrown with weeds, a field being exploited.
My next step was to recommend helpful strategies to immediately curb symptoms and causes of those symptoms. These strategies were holistic, taking into consideration more than the symptoms but the patterns of imbalance and life habits and lifestyles leading to disease and sickness.
Kritika is now on her path to total recovery. With a combination of Yoga practice, meditation and Pranic and Bio-energetic healing therapies she is experiencing a totally different life today.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
“Antibiotic resistance has been called as one of the world’s most pressing public health problems. Almost every type of bacteria has become stronger and less responsive to antibiotic treatment when it is really needed. These antibiotic-resistant bacteria can quickly spread to family members, schoolmates, and co-workers – threatening the community with a new strain of infectious disease that is more difficult to cure and more expensive to treat.
It takes a significant amount of time to develop a new strain of antibiotic whereas bacteria and viruses sometimes mutate within hours. Antibiotic resistance can cause significant danger and suffering for children and adults who have common infections, once easily treatable with antibiotics. Microbes can develop resistance to specific medicines.
If a microbe is resistant to many drugs, treating the infections it causes can become difficult or even impossible. Someone with an infection that is resistant to a certain medicine can pass that resistant infection to another person. In this way, a hard-to-treat illness can be spread from person to person. In some cases, the illness can lead to serious disability or even death.”
1) Reduce overexposure of medical facilities. Do everything you can to stay out of and away from medical facilities and conventional treatment exposure and do not misuse antibiotics. This is where alternative therapies for health and wellness will save millions of lives. If you are going to make efforts for your self and your family to stay out of the conventional medical system that exposes you to these harmful infectious agents, you will need to have reasonable alternative choices.
2) Reduce your exposure to all toxins and build your protective defenses, immune system, and health assets.
3) Stop overusing antibiotics. Every time you consider taking an antibiotic consider that
a) there is a good chance it will not work anyway,
b) there will be an immediate and harmful effect on the positive, natural and healthy gut bacteria necessary for the digestion and assimilation of your food and the nutrients from your food. If you have been using antibiotics to treat infections, consider other less invasive alternatives and start repopulating your healthful bacteria by incorporating a good quality probiotic supplement.
4) Eat better quality foods. The easiest and most powerful thing you can do to initiate the proactive defensive strategy for fighting infectious diseases is to bring intention and discipline to your food and diet. Consider eliminating all highly processed foods and any foods or additives made from Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs).
5) Rotate the foods you eat and drink plenty of water! Eat less and eat the widest possible variety of healthy foods you can obtain. This stimulates your immune system and reduces the stress of possible allergens which can suppress immune system functions. Water flushes out toxins and other undesired elements from the body thereby maintaining perfect balance.
6) Get plenty of rest and do Yoga, Pranayam, and Meditation daily! However, avoid heavy exercise as that can actually depress your immune function. Yoga and Meditation are the best possible way to maintain a robust immune system.
7) Maintain hand and body hygiene. That means wash your hands several times a day
8) Avoid and reduce stress as much you can! Simply stated there is overwhelming evidence to support that stress, especially chronic or long-term stress reduces your ability to fight or deal with infection and disease. Working on your self to resolve issues and concerns that stem from unresolved emotional issues is a huge priority.
9) Find an alternative medicine healer immediately. An alternative medicine healer will help you by balancing the energy, releasing and dealing with negative emotional issues and cultivating a loving, compassionate, joyful and balanced inner state of being. Yoga is highly effective in bringing balance to virtually every area of life mind, body and spirit.
10) Make a good nights sleep a priority. Not getting enough quality sleep leads to sleep deprivation. Since the most important cycle of regeneration and cellular recovery for your body happens when in a deep sleep you need to make sure you get some.
Remember that even healthy people fall ill occasionally. At the first sign of viral or bacterial infection, follow the advice above and start taking one of the natural remedies recommended above.
About the Author
Dr. Amitabh Singh is the founder of AadyantaLife and Bio-Energetic & Crystal Healer and Wellness Coach. He provides Alternative and Complementary Healing therapies to difficult ailments including Cancer. He specializes in Mindfulness Meditation Coaching for Corporate and Business Leaders. His thought-provoking Enlightening Lectures are for those who are interested in Alternative ways to improve their Lifestyle and Well Being.